This workshop gives campaigners a well-rounded understanding of power, social change and campaigning. You will learn about SMK’s ground-breaking concept of Social Power and how it can drive truly transformational change.
Thurs 8th October | 10:00-13:00 | £90
We all have power, but few of us understand the full spectrum of where and how we can wield it, share it or combine it to create change. SMK’s unique tool, the Social Change Grid, will help you explore the whole ecosystem of change – from transformational service delivery and community organising to mass mobilisation and lobbying.
We will look at case studies of successful campaigns and ask what qualities they share. We’ll also explore the 12 Habits of Successful Change-Makers, ways of thinking and behaving that are common amongst effective campaigners. These habits have helped people and organisations at every level to achieve lasting social change.
- Gain insight into SMK’s unique analysis of how social change happens
- Examine the concept of Social Power and examples of how it has been successfully harnessed
- Understand the basics of analysing power and learn how to start planning effective campaigning activity
- Understand the habits that make change successful at an individual and organisational level.
Who is this workshop for?
- Those in the first few years of a campaigning role
- Volunteers and activists looking to build their campaigning skills
- Anyone wanting to shift their efforts into social change