The law is a crucial element in the change eco-system. It has played a critical role in significant campaigns – Heathrow expansion, reproductive rights and Justice for the Hillsborough victims to name a few.
Using the law may not always be right for you, but every campaigner should be able to explore, with confidence, whether and how they should use the law for social change.
- Understand the range of legal options available – from legal advice to judicial review
- Examine the pros and cons of using the law. How and when should you consider legal action – and when should you not?
- Hear from a campaign that has successfully used legal tools as part of a wider strategy.
Who is this workshop for?
- Anyone keen to expand their knowledge of the legal options available, the advantages and pitfalls.
- Campaigners whose organisations regularly use legal tools and who need an overview.
- Senior staff and board members who want to better oversee and support legal activity in pursuit of change.
21 Apr | 14.00 – 17.00 | £90
21 Oct | 10.00 – 13.00 | £90