Learn how to own the room at this masterclass with bestselling writer, broadcaster and comedian Viv Goskrop. This is all about boosting presence and status, digging into best practice for presentations, interviews and meetings (with a special focus on digital and hybrid) and going beneath the surface to pinpoint common limiting beliefs and public speaking myths that can hold us back. There will be plenty of time to ask questions and get individual attention as group size is limited.
We will focus on establishing core strengths and we’ll cover the following:
- How to speak up in meetings and be heard
- Persuasion, conviction, cutting through “noise” and interruptions
- Working with the latest research on non-verbal communication (now estimated to count for 80% of our communication style)
- Learning how to “dial up” strengths and “dial down” weaknesses
- Navigating new flexible communication styles necessary for virtual platforms and hybrid working
About Viv Groskop
Viv Groskop is a writer, broadcaster and comedian. She is the author of the best-selling book How to Own the Room: Women and the Art of Brilliant Speaking. Her award-winning podcast How to Own the Room is the biggest resource on women and public speaking. Now in its 17th series and with over a million downloads, the podcast is a conversation about power, confidence, status and public speaking with guests like Hillary Clinton, Margaret Atwood, Valerie Jarrett, Professor Mary Beard, Dame Helena Morrissey, Sarah Hurwitz (speechwriter to the Obamas) and dozens more. Viv is a regular presenter on BBC radio and television and has hosted book tours for Graham Norton, Dawn French, Jennifer Saunders and Jo Brand. In the corporate sector she is a highly sought-after keynote speaker and public speaking coach, specialising in helping senior women to develop their leadership style.
Online session, Zoom, 1.5 hours
Thursday 23 June, 10am
Tuesday 20 September, 10am
£175 + VAT