The aim of this three hour online workshop is for participants to understand where power lies at different levels of local and devolved government, how different types of local government work and how to engage with councillors and officers and where else power lies and can be challenged, co-opted and changed at a local level.
- Gain an understanding of how councils work – including different models
- Look at the local civic infrastructure more widely to understand where power lies in a locality. This will include LEPs, NHS trusts, local press and others.
- Understand the relationship between councillors and officers and the breakdown of their separate roles.
Who is this workshop for?
- Anyone wishing to better understand the workings of local government and the ecosystem in which it exists.
- Those wishing to make change through their council and understand how and where to apply pressure
- Community organisers who wish to supplement their campaigning with an understanding of the formal power structures in which they campaign.
26 Jan | 10:00-13:00 | £90
27 Apr | 14:00-17:00 | £90
14 Sep | 10:00-13:00 | £90