Parliament is the ultimate arbiter of how change does or does not happen. But it can seem arcane and baffling to those inexperienced in how it works. This can make it seem daunting to those who want to change or amend the law.
The aim of this three-hour online workshop is for participants to be able to gain an understanding of different ways of working with MPs and Ministers to achieve support for change. The workshop will demystify the processes and workings of parliament.
This training will be presented by Kathleen Christie.
- Understand the basic process of changing or creating an Act of parliament.
- Examine other methods of achieving change through parliament including through debates, Early Day Motions and Parliamentary questions.
- Learn the basic dos and don’ts of lobbying an MP and Minister.
Who is this workshop for?
- Anyone who seeks to change, amend or overturn an Act of Parliament.
- Those who want to better understand the workings of the UK Parliament
- Those whose campaigning has turned to lobbying and who want to understand what persuades politicians.
11 Feb | 14.00 – 17.00 | £90
12 May | 10.00 – 13.00 | £90
2 Nov | 10.00 – 13.00 | £90