Campaigning can be stressful, and it takes its toll on all of us. It is essential for our own mental health, and for the needs of those we campaign for and with, that we exercise self-care.
The aim of this three-hour online workshop is to ensure that we are all able to take care of ourselves and those around us. This workshop will be run by our associates at Bird Movement – experts in resilience.
- Learn tips and tools for self-care
- Gain an understanding of their rights in the areas of mental health and wellbeing in a challenging workplace.
- Develop plans for their own resilience.
Who is this training for?
- Anyone whose campaigning activity can be stressful and demanding
- Those who line manage campaigners who wish to understand how to better manage their staff’s wellbeing.
- Board members interested in the best techniques to ensure wellbeing throughout a campaigning organisation.
This workshop will be led by Gemma Houldey from Bird, a resilience organisation working with anyone in the not-for-profit or public sectors. Through 1:1 coaching and webinars they help individuals and groups identify areas of low resilience, and find ways to grow, feel more energised, feel more empowered and feel well. They are a team of 13 coaches and facilitators with first-hand experience of burn out and resilience building. They work in an inclusive, experiential way creating sustainable positive change to those they support.
22 June | 14.00 – 17.00 | £90
15 Dec | 10.00 – 13.00 | 90