Wednesday 4th November | 10:00-13:00 | £90
You will explore how your organisational mission, in the context of the wider world, can guide you to identify areas for social change and campaigning at a range of levels. Using case studies of successful campaigns, you will learn about SMK’s unique analysis of how transformational change happens and how you can make a difference.
You will be introduced to our Social Power Grid – which will help you understand the ecosystem of change – and combine it with tools such as the ‘problem tree’ to develop a theory of change.
In order to articulate your aims, objectives and strategic approach, you will learn how to identify the problem clearly, the opportunity and route for change, and a proposed solution. By the end of the day, you will be able to develop a delivery plan, including how you will monitor and continuously review your strategy.
- Understand how to use their organisational mission and the wider context to identify broad areas for social change and campaigning
- Identify a clear problem, solution, opportunity and route for change
- Articulate aims, objectives and strategic approach for campaigns
- Be able to develop a detailed delivery plan, including monitoring and review
- Use a suite of tools that can help your campaign planning on an ongoing basis.
Who is this workshop for?
- Anyone taking on responsibility for planning campaigns
- Anyone taking on the management of those who do, or whose team is moving into campaigning activity or increasing their campaigning capacity
- Volunteers and activists looking to build their campaign planning skills