Thurs 29th October | 10:00-13:00 | £90
The aim of this three-hour online workshop is for participants to be able to gain an understanding of different ways of working with MPs and Ministers to achieve support for change. The workshop will demystify the processes and workings of parliament.
This training will be presented jointly by our Head of Training and Consultancy – who previously spent two decades campaigning and lobbying Parliament and the Parliamentary Outreach team who provide their services for free to ensure wider understanding of how Parliament works.
- Understand the basic process of changing or creating an Act of parliament.
- Examine other methods of achieving change through parliament including through debates, Early Day Motions and Parliamentary questions.
- Learn the basic dos and don’ts of lobbying an MP and Minister.
Who is this course for?
- Anyone who seeks to change, amend or overturn an Act of Parliament.
- Those who want to better understand the workings of the UK Parliament
- Those whose campaigning has turned to lobbying and who want to understand what persuades politicians.