Internal support for a cause is essential – for the people you serve, for your campaign, for you. Without the support of your organisation internally, you can’t expect to win externally.
This three hour online workshop will look at ways to achieve, improve and widen support for a campaign within your organisation – including from senior leadership teams and boards.
We will hear from senior campaigners on how they have ensured internal support for their causes, and how it has strengthened their efforts to create change.
- Understand how to match a campaign to the priorities of the organisation
- Explore how to sell your Theory of Change to a board and ensure that they are your best advocates
- Work on pitching your campaign to senior staff members and ensuring they match the organisations priorities and vision
Who is this workshop for?
- Anyone with responsibility for developing campaigning responses to the challenges their organisation is tackling
- Campaigners keen to influence organisational priorities or better integrate campaigns into their organisation’s wider work
- Board members who want to better understand how to support campaigning activity
Miranda Lewis – Prior to taking on a consultancy role, Miranda was Associate Director and Head of Qualitative Research at the IPPR think tank. Prior to this, Miranda worked in the Advocacy team at VSO for several years. Miranda is a qualified personal and performance coach and DiSC practitioner. She was formerly Chair of Richmond CVS and is now a Trustee for ADHD Together.
Matthew Davis – Before becoming a consultant, Matthew previously worked at WWF where he held various senior positions: Head of Press & Campaigns; Director of both the Marine and Climate Change Campaigns; and Communications Director for WWF-International’s Global Species Programme. Matthew was a guest lecturer on environmental communications at Birkbeck University for three years and is also a published songwriter (EMI).
23 Nov 2021 | 10:00-13:00
20 Jan 2022 | 10:00-13:00
27 Apr 2022 | 14:00-17:00
6 Oct 2022 | 10:00-13:00
Please note: Our trainings run on a progressive pricing model. Small organisations (with a turnover of under £500,000) pay £80, mid-sized organisations (£500,000-£2m) pay £120, and large organisations pay £175. If you’re a grassroots organisation or can’t afford standard ticket prices, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss subsidised or solidarity tickets.