What will i learn?
The Introduction to Social Change and Campaigning workshops are designed for those interested in social change and change making. It is for people new to campaigns or who have found themselves campaigning by accident and who want to know more. Participants will improve their understanding, skills and knowledge of change making. In particular, they will:
- Understand more about how change happens
- Know more about what they and their organisation can do to bring about social change
- Better understand the process of campaigning
- Be able to design an effective campaign
- Know more about effective campaign strategy
- Understand power and how to influence others
- Know how to define key messages
- Have the skills to breakdown audiences and know how to communicate with them, including digital campaigning and working with the media
- know more about local and national government systems
- Meet other campaigners, develop their professional network and receive peer support.
Who should attend?
Participants will already be involved at a basic level of campaigning or are just about to get started – whether you are challenging local authority social care changes or protesting against climate – if you want practical information about the next steps, then this workshop is for you.
There are currently no upcoming 1-day workshops. Please keep an eye out on our website, or sign-up to our newsletter for alerts on latest training.